Saturday, June 23, 2007

More on the Geyser Tube

Seems like a lot of folks really enjoyed watching me get drenched in Diet Coke live on national TV. As always, Regis & Kelly was a total blast. They seemed to enjoy cutting loose a little bit, and I've finally gotten all of that stuff off me! And, we have to give a shout out to the amazing crew on that show. They worked so hard to make sure all the toys performed to their best, and it seemed like they had a good time as well.

Here's what I learned: There's a reason there are no spa treatments done with Diet Coke. Wow, does that stuff dry your skin out! Oh, and it stings your eyes pretty badly, too.

As my eighth grade science teacher, Mr. Tappan, said when he lit all the gas jets in the science lab for us goggle-eyed, rambunctious kids, "There. Now I've done it so you don't have to."

But for pure fun, this experiment is amazing. People have been calling and writing, trying to get more information. Check out Steve Spangler's site. He's the science teacher--and all-around good guy-- who invented it.

Hope a Geyser Tube is in your future. One tip: Stand Back!

-C. Byrne

0 comments: