Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Last week I met with some great people who work at LucasArts to get a preview of three of their video games due in stores this holiday season. All three of the games on display were amazing but of the three, one really blew me away. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is by far one of the best games that I have ever played and I had a hard time putting down the controller and walking away from it.

The game takes place between the 3rd (Revenge Of The Sith) and 4th (A New Hope) movies and you play through as Darth Vader's secret apprentice, hand picked and trained by Vader to help him seek out and destroy the surviving Jedi. Your weapon, of course, is a lightsaber and enough force power to hurtle space ships. The level I played through was a Tie-Fighter manufacturing station and after slicing a droid in half with my lightsaber-I'm sure it was an evil droid who had it coming-I used the force to grab a Tie-Fighter and hurtle it at my enemies. 


The graphics on this game are immense with just about everything you see reacting if it is touched. For example, I blew something up dangerously close to a window, which then shattered that window causing everything in the room (myself included) to begin getting sucked out into space until the emergency blast doors closed over the hole.



Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be in stores September 16, for the Nintendo Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360.


- Jeff

0 comments: