Friday, March 27, 2009

Say It Ain't So, Joe?!

The new face of Cobra Commander has finally been revealed and I cried a little after seeing it. Unfortunately, they weren't tears of joy.

Based on the image from the Hasbro figure, this is what Cobra Commander is going to look like in this Summer's film adaptation of the popular comic book and cartoon.


I grew up with the comics and cartoons and had high hopes for this movie. Unfortunately, every thing I've seen so far has led me to think the movie is going to be a huge disappointment for all us Joe fans. I'll continue to hope for the best but totally expect the worst.

On the bright side, everything Hasbro has shown for this movie looks amazing. The Joe's base, The Pit, is one of the coolest action figure playsets I have ever seen. I just wish the movie was going to be more true to the 80s cartoon. I guess the same could have been said back in the 80s when GI Joe went from a 12-inch doll to the 3 3/4-inch figures that I grew up with.

What are your thoughts on the new Cobra Commander?


posted by Jeff

0 comments: